Want some great trivia question of things you probably didn’t know. Check out our 24 little know facts.
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
- The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle
- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate. I know some people like that!
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo. No one knows why.
- A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2 by 3-1/2.
- During the chariot scene in “Ben Hur”, a small red car can be seen in the distance.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! I knew it!
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn’t wear pants.
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple, and silver.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book “Peter Pan”. There was never a recorded Wendy before.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. Who was the sadist who discovered this??
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That’s the opposite of the norm.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA“.
- The original name for the butterfly was flutterby.
- The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
- Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
- Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it. Cool!
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
If you enjoyed our “things you probably didn’t know”, then check out some of our other facts and trivia.
Your ad could be here.
This top-ranked site now has over 4,000 pages of humor, nostalgia, senior advocacy and useful information for seniors 50+. Updates weekly!
The daily e-zine for everyone over 50 who feels way too young to be old.
"...the perfect mix of Andy Rooney, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keilor, combining knee-slapping humor with useful information and genuine compassion."Retired.com
"Thousands look to and trust Suddenly Senior. Other Websites pale in comparison to the real-life, intimate look into senior lives. What sets apart Suddenly Senior is its blistering honesty and its incomparable encouragement. Millions need guidance."Suzette Martinez Standring
"Best Senior Site ever on the Web! Great, up-to-date information on how seniors can save money on drugs. Wonderful nostalgia. Hard-hitting senior advocacy pieces that get read in high places. Wonderful humor. It's all at Suddenly Senior."Alexa.com