If you are looking for the right pair of best walking shoes for seniors, read on. This article will explore some of the best walking shoes for elderly people out there.
Firstly, let’s address the reasons why we get achy feet, and what happens as we get older.
As we get older, we can begin to feel the aches and pains so much more. As we get older, we place a bigger demand on every part of our bodies.
What’s more, the demand we place on our feet becomes ever more obvious with every passing year.
Whether we are looking to go on a walking holiday, or we have been told by the doctor to be more active, our feet seem to be one of the first parts of our body that shows signs of wear and tear.
Getting older means that our feet are more prone to a variety of health issues and conditions.
Needless to say, you have to look after your feet as you get older as it provides you with the support to advance into old age with grace.
Therefore, investing in shoes that provide comfort, support, and protection, are not just going to help us look after our feet, but they can be a lifeline.
Table of Contents
The Best Walking Shoes for Seniors
Now that we have shown you what you need to look for, it is time to start looking at some of the best walking shoes for seniors available on the market.
These varieties include slip-on, tie, and velcro shoes.
Finding the right shoes will make the biggest difference to your walking experience. Here are some of the best on the market.
- SKECHERS GO WALK: keep up the pace in enhanced comfort and stability with the Skechers Go Walk 5...
- MEDIUM (D) AND EXTRA WIDE FIT (4E) OPTIONS: these tennis shoes feature an adjustable lace-up front...
- AIR COOLED GOGA MAT (TOPPED INSOLE CUSHION): when comparing to memory foam; the lightweight Goga Mat...
- Lightweight and responsive Ultra Go midsole cushioning
- Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat breathable insole with high-rebound cushioning
- Soft and comfortable heathered mesh fabric upper
- Get the maximum comfort and cushioning for athletic walking with the Skechers GOwalk Max. Mesh...
- UPPER: Super lightweight mesh fabric upper for ideal fit. Solid weave mesh fabric toe and heel...
- MIDSOLE/CUSHION: 5GEN sole - proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention...
Walking Shoes for Senior Women
Many orthopedic shoes look clunky and have absolutely zero style, but the Serene Women’s Shoes by OrthoFeet look elegant and are carefully designed to create the best walking shoes for seniors.
They fit really well and offer more in the toe box area than most, which is crucial if you’re dealing with painful toe-related conditions like bunions or hammertoes.
OrthoFeet’s Serene is a premium design with exceptional arch support and the interior is made from an anti-microbial fabric and foam, which means you won’t have to worry about unpleasant odors.
- We combine orthopedic comfort with classic women's style, providing soothing relief from pain for...
- The soft interior eliminates irritation and enhances comfort. Perfect for sensitive or diabetic feet
- Orthofeet shoes have unmatched cushioning and benefit 20+ conditions including foot and heel pain,...
OrthoFeet’s Serene Women’s Shoes
- Exceptional quality
- An extra-wide toe box makes for additional comfort
- The antimicrobial materials help people with foot fungal conditions
- Leather exterior
- Helps to alleviate foot pain
- The shoe may start to squeak when used
The name Hush Puppies has long been associated with fashionable and durability. And these Hush Puppies Power Walker has style and performance in abundance.
Affordable, but its 100% leather exterior and well-made rubber sole means it exudes quality out of every seam.
A supportive heel height for most people and the Drilex sock lining technology keeps your feet cool, making them suitable for any climate.
In addition, the removable footbed makes for easier maintenance.
The outsole is where it comes into its own. The Bounce technology offers premium double density and the shock absorption properties are fantastic.
Hush Puppies Women’s Power Walker
- Quality leather
- Excellent outsole
- Some people might not like the laces
This super lightweight and extremely breathable shoe is an excellent model from Sketchers that complements all styles in your wardrobe.
But portability and lightweight features are often the reasons why some walking shoes are expensive, the Sketchers Go Walk 4 doesn’t compromise quality for the sake of lower prices.
The 5GEN midsole design delivers a comfortable walking experience and cushioning with the right amount of arch support.
Orthopedic shoes, but not in the classic sense, Sketchers offers their shoes in wide options as well, so they fit almost anyone.
- Radically lightweight
- Innovative and highly responsive 5GEN midsole cushioning
- New Goga Max high rebound footbed energizes every step
Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 4
- Great for travel
- A contemporary design
- Unprecedented light-weight
- 100% mesh
- Not enough protection