There are several different ways to do this. For example, you could hire a taxi. However, it may be awkward traveling with someone you don’t know and they are expensive. The same is true with riding-sharing services. On the other hand, you can get all of the privacy that you need with a car rental service.
5 Important Things To Consider When Renting A Car
- Do you prefer to pay with a credit card when renting a car? If so, be aware that rental car companies run credit score checks on individuals to ensure they can pay the charges. When a credit card is used, a credit check will not be run.
- If your child is under 25 years old and is going to be driving your rental car, the rental charge will be higher. It doesn’t matter how good of a driving record your child has, usually they will be treated by car rental companies as a liability to their vehicle.
- If you are traveling in a group of people who all drive, you should keep the number of drivers to a minimum. This is because all will be charged by the rental company. It is best to minimize the number of drivers to just two people.
- Check to see whether or not rentals are covered by your personal auto insurance.
- Fill the gas tank up before your return your rental car.
Various Car Rental Plans
Each individual has their own style and needs for dealing with things. The same thing is true when it comes to car rental services. Car rental companies offer different rental plans to accommodate for different needs of their customers. This is their way of trying to be more customer-centric. Customers can choose from a wide range of different car rental plans.
Car rental companies or specifically a car service in Houston all have various plans that they offer, to ensure they meet the needs of their different customers. The following are some of the most common plans that are offered by car rental companies in the US:
Pay per minute
Customers who opt for this type of pan will be charged according to how long they have the car. So if 0.50 cent is charged per minute by a car rental company then that means that the rental charges are $30 per hour. Keep in mind that those charges usually are exclusive of taxes.
With this type of plan, customers are charged by the hour. Some of the most common hourly packages include the 6-hour package, 3-hour package, and 1-hour package.
Per kilometer plan: With this type of plan, customers are charged based on how far they travel.
Customers who choose this type of plan get charged per day. Rental companies have a specific distance that is fixed, and if that distance is driven in one day, then the customer is charged for the following day. For people renting a car for one night at least, this is a very common type of plan that is used.
Two-day rental plans
This is another popular plan. Individuals spending their weekends outside of the city like this plan the best.
Long term plans
Depending on what the customer’s requirements and usage are, there are some rental companies that offer yearly, monthly and weekly plan. If you will be driving long distance, there are unlimited mileage plans that are available.
Corporate Plans These are special plans that are offered to corporate customers. There are often discounts on these plans.
Car Classes That Can Be Rented
The following are different car classes that can be rented:
These are best suited for downtown areas where parking spaces are limited and there is a lot of traffic. The Mitsubishi Mirage is an example of a typical economy car that is offered by rental companies.
These vehicles offer great gas miles and also are very easy to drive. One typical example of a compact car that is used by rental companies is the Nissan Versa.
This includes cars such as the Hyundai Elantra. Here the focus shifts to preference and style instead of gas mileage. The vehicles have more room for passengers and luggage than small cars do.
When more trunk space and leg room is needed, they choose a full-size car such as a Toyota Camry as a top option.
These cars offer plenty of comfortable seating and luggage room. Business travelers tend to prefer premium cars, such as ones offered by Nissan.
These cars have high-performance engines, rich interiors, and plenty of space for passengers and luggage. A Ferrari is an example of a luxury car.
People often rent a convertible such as the Ford Mustang to enjoy their journeys in the most stylish way possible. They are fun to drive in places like the deserts of the Southwest or along the PacificCoast Highway.
Premium Elite cars
Vehicles that fall into this category include the Audi A6. People who like renting an Audi or Rolls Royce tend to be customers who love traveling in a premium elite car where things like mileage and space are not important to them.
Your ad could be here.
- Best Binoculars for Bird Watching
- Best Camping Gear for Seniors
- Best Croquet Sets
- Best Electric Shavers for Seniors
- Best Gadget Canes for Seniors
- Best Garden Kneelers for Seniors
- Best Puzzle Types for Seniors
- Best Shower Chairs for Elderly
- Best Velcro Shoes for Elderly
- Best Walkers for Seniors
- Top 5 Smartphones for Seniors
- Activities for Seniors Guide
- Best Dog Breeds for Seniors
- Best Medical Alert System Guide
- Complete Senior Center Guide
- Complete Senior Discount Guide
- Coronavirus Guide for Seniors
- Guide to Bowling for Seniors
- Guide to Choosing Senior Helpers
- Hospital Bed Rentals Guide
- Senior Citizen Age Guide (FAQs)
- Senior Estate Planning Checklist
This top-ranked site now has over 4,000 pages of humor, nostalgia, senior advocacy and useful information for seniors 50+. Updates weekly!
The daily e-zine for everyone over 50 who feels way too young to be old.
"...the perfect mix of Andy Rooney, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keilor, combining knee-slapping humor with useful information and genuine compassion."Retired.com
"Thousands look to and trust Suddenly Senior. Other Websites pale in comparison to the real-life, intimate look into senior lives. What sets apart Suddenly Senior is its blistering honesty and its incomparable encouragement. Millions need guidance."Suzette Martinez Standring
"Best Senior Site ever on the Web! Great, up-to-date information on how seniors can save money on drugs. Wonderful nostalgia. Hard-hitting senior advocacy pieces that get read in high places. Wonderful humor. It's all at Suddenly Senior."Alexa.com