As people grow older, stability can become something of a challenge. This can be particularly risky in wet areas like tubs and bathrooms. Thankfully, bathroom grab bars (shower standing handle) for the elderly provide some much-needed steadiness in these places.
- Make it easier for seniors to navigate their way around the bathroom
- Help prevent dangerous slips and falls
- Provide more support for seniors when they use bathrooms.
Although bathroom grab bars are vital in homes with seniors, the sheer number of options available can be confusing. If you are unsure which shower standing handle is best for you, here are the six best shower safety bars you should consider.
Amazon Best Sellers
- 304 Stainless Steel Shower Handle- the material of the shower bar is 304 stainless steel, so there...
- Multipurpose Sturdy Design - the shower handles can not only be used as bathtubs and showers to...
- Easy to Install: each grab bars includes 6 stainless steel screws, 2.6 inch flanges, and a 3-hole...
- MAXIMIZE BATHROOM SAFETY: Ensure stability and independence in the bathroom with the Vive metal grab...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Versatile installation options let you mount the grab bar vertically, horizontally,...
- STRONG AND DURABLE: Made with corrosion-resistant stainless steel, the grab bar supports up to 500...
Moen Home 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar
- Coordinating Finish: Stainless finish coordinates with today's popular kitchen appliances and...
- Supportive Design: Bathroom grab bar supports up to 500 pounds when installed in a stug or when...
- Safe and Secure: SecureMount design for easy, secure installation (sold separately)
This Moen Home 24- Inch product is one of the best grab bars for seniors. Its best feature is its durability. This shower standing handle is made of stainless steel, which is the hardest material in the market.
Installing this tool is remarkably easy, thanks to the SecureMount hardware used to attach it to walls. You can also install it at whichever angle best suits your needs.
The L-shaped grab bars for showers have a 1.25-inch diameter, which can fit a wide range of hand sizes. You can also get a longer bar if you need one.
Because of its versatile nature, this shower standing handle is ideal for the toilet, shower, and bathtub. It can support a weight of up to 500 pounds.
Moen Home 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar
- It is versatile
- Meets the ADA standards
- Made of sturdy stainless steel
- Straightforward installation
- It has a limited lifetime warranty
- You have to buy the SecureMount separately from the shower standing handle
Vaunn Medical Adjustable Bathtub Safety Rail – Shower Standing Handle
- BATHROOM SAFETY - Designed to prevent injuries and falls in the bathroom for those with substantial...
- SECURE CONSTRUCTION- Padded rubber clamp with strong locking mechanism allows rail to securely clamp...
- CUSTOMIZED FIT & TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY– Width adjustable clamp allows tub rail to fit securely on any...
This 14-inch long shower standing handle is designed for use in the bathtub. The long handle gives you unhindered access to the tub, making it much easier to get in and out.
The bathtub grab bars are made of heavy-duty stainless steel, which points to their excellent stability and longevity. Their firmness provides a much-needed steadying force for seniors as they use the tub.
These grab bars for bathrooms are 3-7 inches thick, which is remarkable. Installing them is easy because they clamp securely on the bathtub.
These bath grab bars are also lightweight, weighing a meager 6 pounds. However, they can support an astounding 300 pounds, which is fantastic.
The best thing about this shower standing handle is its ambidextrous nature. This feature allows you to use it with your left and right hand comfortably. This is quite convenient and nothing short of amazing.
Vaunn Medical Adjustable Bathtub Safety Rail Shower Standing Handle
- It is easy to install
- It is lightweight but can handle a lot of weight
- An ambidextrous design
- The shower standing handle can be slippery when wet, which is risky
- Its height is not adjustable
Changing Lifestyles Safe-er-Grip 17″ Bath & Shower Standing Handle
- NO TOOL INSTALL: position suction cup grab bar on bathtub or shower wall; flip latches up; apply...
- Sturdy secure suction cups work on non-porous flat surfaces including tile, glass, acrylic, and...
- TIP: bar is to be used only to assist and help balance a person's body; not to hold full body...
If you are looking for temporary and removable shower standing handles, these Changing Lifestyle products might be what you need. They use suction force to attach to walls which makes them remarkably easy to install. You can also remove them with ease when you don’t need them.
The 16.5-inch long bathtub bars for seniors work best on very smooth surfaces. If your bathroom walls have any texture, the handles might not work well there.
You can only attach the bar to tiles at least four by four inches big. Otherwise, it will not attach correctly. Additionally, you have to re-attach the handle with every use to support your full body weight.
Although using these shower standing rails for seniors can be tedious, they have their pros too. For one, they have an inconspicuous design which makes them blend well with any shower design. Additionally, they are a convenient solution if you only need a shower standing handle temporarily.
Changing Lifestyles Safe-er-Grip 17
- Easy installation process
- Inconspicuous design that goes with every shower
- It needs to be installed with every use
- Cannot bear weight reliably