Shower chairs are important for seniors who have difficulty standing in the shower. There are many safety concerns for the elderly that could require having one.
These chairs are available in different types and sizes. You may have been overwhelmed by the large array of choices available. However, selecting the best shower chair is easier than you think.
You or a loved one might be considering putting a chair in your shower but aren’t sure which one is best. Shower chairs for seniors come in all shapes and sizes.
There are various factors that go into choosing the perfect one.
From choosing the right style to getting the measurements for the chair right, we will look at how to select the shower chair that’s just right for you.
Amazon’s Bestseller Shower Chairs for Elderly
- The Medline bath and shower chair provides safe and comfortable bathing and showering
- Height adjustable with a sturdy, durable aluminum frame
- Seat height is adjustable in 1" increments from 16" - 21" | Seat dimensions: 13.5" x 16"
- Transfer Tub Bench: Our bath and shower transfer bench is designed to assist individuals while...
- Safe & Secure: Designed to accommodate any bathroom, our reversible transfer benches for bathtubs...
- Tool-Free Assembly: No tools are required to assemble the back, arm, or legs of our tub benches for...
- Bathroom Bench: Designed to fit just about any style of bathtub, our tub bench for bathroom is...
- Quality Construction: The ultimate shower accessory for daily living, our tub chair for elderly,...
- Height Adjustable: Designed to fit your unique needs, our adjustable stool has legs that can be...
How Do I Choose the Best Shower Chair?
First, how comfortable will you be in the chair you want to buy. And if you’re buying online, be sure of the specifications (and read customer reviews), measure your shower, and yourself, then choose something that fits.
It will be best if you chose based on:
Bring your physical attributes into the picture- especially your weight and height- and select the shower chair perfect for your body frame.
The shower chair:
A shower chair perfect for your body could be a disaster in your shower. You must keep in mind the size of the chair with respect to the size of your shower.
While you must choose a shower chair you can afford, look out for quality, and if what fits the description you want is slightly above your budget, you should compromise.
Types of Shower Chairs for Seniors
Different types of shower chairs can be found in the market today.
They have been listed below:
The Conventional Shower Chair:
It has a simple design, a wide seat, a back for resting, two padded armrests, and can support different weight categories. A typical shower chair is usually made of plastic and rubber.
- SIT, SHOWER & RELAX- Shower chair allows individuals i.e. anyone or seniors or those with limited...
- DURABLE & SECURE - NEW model shower chair is now made with heavy-duty anodized aluminum frame with a...
- COMFORTABLE: High-density, polyethylene seat with padded armrests brings increased comfort and...
Vaunn Medical Shower Lift Chair
- Easy to assemble
- Suction power
- Easy to use
The Wall-Mounted Folding Shower Chair:
The folding shower chair was made for senior adults. It’s permanently mounted to the wall of the shower. It has enough support for the back and is folded after use.
- ▶▶ Folding Design For More Space Saving ◀◀ This shower seat bench can be quickly folded when...
- ▶▶ Stable Construction With Strong Load Bearing ◀◀ Solid wood and stainless steel make this...
- ▶▶ Safe & Secure, Suitable For A Wide Variety Of People ◀◀ Combined two stainless steel...
- Easy to install
The Wheel or Rolling Shower Chair:
Think of a typical wheelchair and you have a clear idea of what a rolling shower chair looks like. It has a back, two armrests, a wide seat, and it is unique for its wheels. Just as you can lock the wheels of a wheelchair to keep it still, you can lock those of a rolling shower chair in as well.
- 3-in-1 Commode Chair: Versatile 3-in-1 design enables this model to easily be positioned over a...
- Portable Toilet: 5-inch locking casters allow for extra security when the unit is not in motion;...
- Superior Support: Durable and easy-to-clean, padded commode chair with padded flip-back armrests...
The Built-in Shower Bench:
This type of shower bench is planned and deliberately made during the shower’s construction. With built-in shower benches, you can customize your shower however you want.
The Transfer Bench (Sliding Transfer Shower Chairs):
The transfer bench was made specifically to assist the elderly or those with mobility challenges. With the transfer bench, instead of walking into the shower, one can slide through the shower bench. Sliding transfer shower chairs for elderly can assist those with limited mobility to enter showers or bathtubs without falling.
- BATH CHAIR Dimensions: 39 Inches L x 19.25 Inches W x 37 Inches H; Adjustable seat height: 19 Inches...
- TUB AND SLIDING SHOWER BENCH AND SHOWER CHAIR makes transfers from wheelchairs or walkers to the...
- SHOWER BENCH features a no tool design, easy assembly and detailed instructions. Tub shower transfer...
Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair
- Safety belt helps prevent accidental slipping
- Nylon strap locks seat in position while showering
- Shower wand holder (shower wand not included)
- Removable cut-out for easy perineal access
- Height adjustable legs with anti-slip rubber feet
- Metal handle for extra stability while showering
- Blow-molded backrest adds comfort and safety