It can be hard to stay active as you get older, especially if you don’t have access to the best exercise equipment for seniors.
Most people think that the only way to stay active as you get older is by going to a gym, but that’s not true. There are a lot of great exercises that you can do right at home with some simple pieces of equipment.
As per the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, you’ll get even more health advantages if you spend over 300 minutes a week doing a moderate-intensity activity (60 minutes per day, 5 days per week), or 150 minutes a week doing vigorous-intensity exercise (30 minutes per day, 5 days per week), or an equivalent amount of time.
Image Source: CDC
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks of the Best Home Workout Equipment for Older Adults
Check out our list of the best home exercise equipment for seniors.
We’ve picked out the best pieces of equipment for seniors who want to stay healthy and independent.
Best Treadmills for Seniors
Treadmills are a staple of any home workout. They are relatively cheap and easy to store away when you’re not using them. The treadmill is a full-body exercise that will give you your heart rate, which improves cardiovascular health, burning fat, and toning muscles.
Treadmills are a convenient method for cardio exercise, especially if you don’t have access to a park. Depending on your fitness goals and level of experience, you can pick from a basic walking treadmill with a few extra features to one with more bells and whistles.
If you’re a runner, it’s essential to remember that running is a high-impact sport that may not be suitable for all fitness levels.
Here are our top choices for the finest treadmills for seniors:
Sunny Health & Fitness Walking Treadmill
- SHOCK ABSORPTION: Exercising on the low step-up height treadmill is made easy with its sizable (44L...
- CAPABLE MOTOR: Walk and jog between 0.6mph and 5 mph by using the 2.5-peak horsepower motor on the...
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS: This portable treadmill can be moved from room to room with its front-mounted...
This Sunny Health & Fitness Walking Treadmill is perfect for a quick workout in the comfort of your own home. This treadmill can accommodate anyone looking for an easy way to get fit with a frame made from durable alloy steel, a speed rating of 5 miles per hour, and a weight capacity of 295 pounds.
Plus, at just 123 pounds, it’s easy to move around when you’re not using it.
3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
- 3G Cardio, an Arizona-based company with a combined 50 years of experience in the fitness industry,...
- Full commercial grade, high-end components equal to what is found on most $6000 treadmills. An...
- A heavy-duty, club-rated, high torque 4.0 HP motor powers the 386lb treadmill (84" L x 35.5" W x 58"...
The 3G Cardio Elite Runner is the perfect treadmill for runners of all levels. With a top speed of 12 mph and a 4 horsepower motor, this machine can handle any workout you throw at it. The durable alloy steel frame can accommodate up to 400 pounds, and the 84 x 35.5-inch running surface provides plenty of space to move around.
Plus, the built-in console keeps track of your progress so that you can stay on top of your game.
SOLE F63 Treadmill
No products found.
The Sole F63 excels in meeting the demands of active older individuals. The treadmill features commercial-grade components like CushionFlex Whisper Deck, large track rollers, and a heavy-duty motor.
In addition, the focus is on above-average artistry backed by an outstanding warranty that provides lifetime protection for the frame and engine, three years for the components, deck, and electronics, and one year of labor rather than on superfluous features that many older persons don’t use.
Best Exercise Bikes for Seniors
Biking is a fantastic way to get your heart rate up while enhancing lower body strength. In addition, exercise bikes are relatively inexpensive and easy to store when you’re not using them.
If you want to take the pressure off your joints and are more comfortable on a recumbent exercise bike, upright bikes may be ideal. On the other hand, recumbent types might be preferable if you have restricted mobility or joint discomfort.
When you’re starting, it’s important to make sure your bike is comfortable and appropriate for your body type.
Here are our top choices for the best exercise bikes for seniors:
LANOS Workout Bike For Home
- 【The #1 Fast, Fun, and Easy Way to Lose Weight in the Comfort of Your Home!】 With gyms closing...
- 【New Ultra Quiet Design and Upgraded LCD Monitor for Optimal Performance!】 Your 100 percent...
- 【Easy To Assemble in 20 - 30 Minutes With Complete Instruction Video & Manual Included!】 We know...
Tone up your at-home workout routine with the LANOS Workout Bike! This bike is perfect for anyone looking to add a little more intensity to their daily routine, with 10 levels of resistance and a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
The all-steel frame is tough enough to withstand even the most intense workouts, while the comfortable saddle and handlebars make it easy to keep your pedaling going for longer periods of time. So hop on and start burning those calories!
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular...
- Explore the world and discover 50plus global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed
- Fully-loaded console with DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens offers 29 workout programs and...
Look no further than the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike! This amazing piece of equipment offers 25 different resistance levels, so you can customize your workout to match your needs.
Plus, the built-in LCD screen keeps track of your progress as you pedal so that you can see your improvements over time.
And if that’s not incentive enough, this bike also comes with a carbon steel frame and a maximum weight recommendation of 136 kilograms – meaning it can accommodate just about anyone.
JEKEE Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 【Low-Cost & Efficient Workouts】JEEKEE has always been committed to combining life with exercise,...
- 【Adjustable Exercise Bike】The stationary bike has 53.5-inch frame and 9 position-adjusted seats...
- 【Smooth & Quiet Recumbent Bicycle】Stationary recumbent bike use 8 neodymium magnets,each of...