Bathtime can appear daunting when you aren’t able to move around well. You might consider investing in a walk-in or portable bathtub.
As we get older, we have to consider a lot of issues arising from our mobility. However, we have to think about how it impacts those simple tasks.
Getting in and out of the bath is not so easy when there are hard corners and slippery bathroom tiles. Bath time it’s something you need to enjoy, instead of feeling stressed about.
After all, who doesn’t enjoy a long soak in the bath? It is the perfect time for you to rest and recuperate.
The Best Portable Bathtubs for the Elderly
If you are looking for the best portable bathtubs, here are the best on the market. We list the factors you should consider when purchasing the ideal portable bathtub for your needs.
- SUPERIOR MATERIAL: Carefully constructed with high-density PVC and finished with thermal fusion...
- ELECTRIC AIR PUMP INCLUDED: Includes a super-convenient electric air pump that makes it easy to get...
- SPA-QUALITY COMFORT: The tub is extra comfortable thanks to the inflatable pillow, ergonomic...
If you’re looking to turn your shower stool into a place where you can bathe, this portable bathtub is perfect. Measuring 25 inches high and a length of 63 inches, with an oval shape, this foldable tub makes it a perfect choice for someone of average height.
That’s not to say if you are taller, you won’t fit. But it’s important to avoid filling the water too high. The great thing about this tub is that it includes an electric pump, so you won’t need to do it manually.
This inflatable bathtub can hold up to 25 gallons of water and supports temperatures as high as 122F. The zipper closure guarantees consistent water temperatures for long baths.
For added support, this bathtub includes a backrest, armrests, and a cup holder.
When you’re done, you can easily fold up the deflated bathtub to the size of a bedsheet for easy storage.
CO-Z Inflatable Adult Bath Tub
- A generous size making it comfortable for adults of most heights
- An attractive design
- Its thermal qualities make it an enjoyable bath, keeping the water warm. You can soak in the bath for up to an hour without getting cold.
- The valve could flood your shower stall during draining if you’re not careful
- 【High Quality Material】This portable bathtub has three layers of fabric, the first layer is...
- 【Easy to store】This bath tub is very lightweight and portable, it can be folded and it is very...
- 【Easy to assemble】You can use folding bathtub anytime! The bracket is made of 25 kW...
A very stylish bathtub, it has a choice of two different covers, midnight blue, or powder pink. A perfect size tub for an adult, measuring 27.5 inches in diameter, and 25.6 inches high and can hold up to 50 gallons of water.
The cover is a hard-wearing yet dense material, ensuring you don’t have to worry about any tears. You can use this indoors and outdoors.
The PVC liner is high-grade, and the layer of thermal foam will keep your water warm. The drainage is located on the side of the bottom, making emptying the water an easy job.
LUCKUP Portable Bathtub
- An attractive and stylish cover
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Two drains make easy work of removing the water
- The sides are quite high if you are not tall enough
- A plastic smell during the first couple of uses, but the smell goes soon enough
- 【Chest Deep Water】Enable the bath water to chest deep, keep kid warm for long time
- 【Foldable&Space saving】Uniquely foldable, easy and space saving storage, suitable for small...
- 【Safe & Sturdy】Made by thick TPE and PP material, BPA free, no odour
Available in blue or pink, and comes in small, medium, or large sizes, it is a portable tub that appears more like a traditional bath.
It is 39 inches long, 22.4 inches high and 20 inches wide. Ideally, the large offering is suitable, but if you weigh more than 145 lbs, and are taller than 5 feet 7 inches, you may not fit into it.
However, for people who can fit, it is a rigid and strong bath, with materials free of BPA so you can use a bubble bath. The folding design makes for easy storage but may appear less sturdy.
Weylan Tec Foldable Bathtub
- Easy storage
- Easy to fold lower sides and a non-slip base makes it ideal for people with limited mobility
- As it is shaped like a bathtub, it needs more space, especially if you want to stand it in a shower cubicle
- The small size isn’t for everyone
- Size: 29.52 x 29.52 in / 1x Bathtub, 1x Drain Pipe, 1x Pump,1x Cushion,1x Bathtub Cover
- Environmentally Material: Imported Non-toxic PVC meet quantity test standard,environment friendly...
- Easily Foldable and Storable: This folding portable bath can use convenientlly indoor and outdoor,...
This round tub is 29.5 in tall and 29.5 inches in diameter. An ideal round design for most people. Its drainage design makes it work best in a bathtub or shower stall.
For people who are more mobile in their daily lives, it comes with an inflatable pad, foot pump, and a cover, guaranteeing that you are comfy in your bath.
And with holes in the cover, you can turn your bath into a makeshift spa.
Its 3-layer PVC material makes it a tough bathtub, but the heights can make it a bit more difficult to climb in and out.
EOSAGA Portable Bathtub
- Non-toxic PVC material
- Is a great tub to recreate a spa experience
- Not the most attractive design
- Due to its height, it is only suitable for people with a certain amount of agility
- Application: Indoor and Outdoor bathtub;Size: 75cm(diameter)*75cm(height)
- Very light and portable, save much place, very suitable for small room.
- Imported Non-phthalate PVC materials meet with EN71-3, SGS, 6P Standards,environment-friendly.
29.5 inches tall and in diameter, is a portable bathtub that is generous, and easy enough to put together.
The big drawback is the design. A blue cover and somewhat unitarian in look, it doesn’t look like much. Yet, it offers brilliant insulation, keeping your water hot for more than an hour.
The drainage is at the side and does not include any hoses, making it slightly difficult to empty.
G-Ganen Happy Life Portable Plastic Bathtub
- Side drainage makes for easy use afterward
- Strong insulation
- Not suitable for people who like bath oils in their bath
- Enjoy Spa and Bath in the Small Room: The setting is simpler and faster, and you don't need to pump...
- Sufficient Space: its diameter is about 31 inches (80cm) and its assembled height is about 28 inches...
- Environmentally friendly and Durable: The fabric of the portable bathtub is 0.6mm Net Clamping Cloth...
A no-frills portable bathtub. This has no inflatable parts, easy to assemble, and comes in plain blue. This is an ideal choice for anybody looking for a quick and easy setup.
The cover is made from heavy-duty material, and between the PVC lining and the material is insulating foam. With a padded bottom, it is very comfy, reducing any pressure.
The biggest draw is the size. 31 inches in diameter and 28 inches tall, it is a fantastic portable tub for people of most sizes.
Watebom Portable Plastic Bathtub
- Comes with a handy flexible hose to guide water out of the side drain
- No need for inflation or deflation
- A very comfortable tub
- The drain at the base can appear flimsy
- The plastic spigot may snap after a few years
- The first few uses can give out a plasticky smell
- Suitable for Family: The inflatable bathtub is simple and durable, allowing the family to take a...
- Sufficient space: The internal inflatable size of the portable bathtub: 48 inches long, 23 inches...
- Super Comfortable & Durable: The inflatable backrest(inflated 27 inches) makes you comfortable when...
A perfect inflatable tub for people who really want to relax into their bath and not surface for a while! 48 inches long, 27 inches high, and 23 inches wide, this is perfect for anybody up to 5 feet 5 inches tall.
They can sit upright with their legs extended straight out. And your legs are covered completely in the bath.
A higher backrest means you can rest your head and shoulders. With two drains at the bottom of the tub, it is perfect in a wet room environment.
It is one of the more comfortable experiences. A bigger than average bath, and a perfect way to experience a nice deep soak.
HIWENA Inflatable Portable Bathtub
- The pure white finish looks great in a bathroom setting
- More room to stretch out your legs
- A comfortable backrest
- No pumps included meaning the inflation and deflation is slightly frustrating
- The two drains double the speeds of water removal but still takes a while. It requires tipping that other to remove the last few inches of water
- Built-In pearl insulation layer Design: WEY&FLY folding bathtub, built-in EPE insulation layer, we...
- Bottom of tub is cushioned with a insulation layer, soft and better to maintain water temperature....
- Sufficient Space: about 29.7 in (75.5 cm) in diameter, you can stretch freely in the water,...
Inside this bathtub, it measures 45 inches long, 19 inches wide, and 17 inches high, making it comfortable for most adults.
An ideal portable bathtub with a high-density PVC drainage, ensuring there are no harmful substances.
The additional pillow back and armrests guarantee excellent support to this ergonomic design. The double-sided sticker ensures the water stays warm for over two hours.
It also has a cup holder on the armrest, so you definitely won’t want to get out for a while!
Without a pump, it is frustrating to inflate and deflate. But the portability and lightweight design make it a high-performing portable bathtub.
WEY & FLY Store Inflatable Portable Foldable Bathtub
- A layer of cotton at the bottom of the tub makes for a comfortable experience
- The ergonomic design makes it better than most out there
- A great portable option
- A lack of pump could prove frustrating
- 【Eco-Friendly and Safety Material】After ATS authoritative certification, this portable bathtub...
- 【Easy Foldable and Storable】 This folding portable bath can be used conveniently indoor and...
- 【Easy to assemble】 You can use portable bathtub anytime, anywhere! The bracket consists of 25 kW...
Environmentally friendly, this round bathtub is made of food-grade safety material. With three layers of fabric in the tub, it is wear-resistant.
The reinforced cotton and waterproof PVC guarantees strong insulation.
Easily portable and you can fold it away wherever. And without the need to pop up the tub, this will make small work of bathtime.
Its drawback is the temperature. If you use water higher than 60 degrees centigrade, this will damage the PVC layer.
Foldable Bathtub Portable Soaking Bath Tub from BESTHLS
- A strong and durable bathtub. With six strong supporting poles and three elastic bars, this keeps the tub in full shape
- Made with high-density cold-proof surface cloth, guaranteeing a luxury experience
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor environments
- The plastic legs are flimsy and are easily bendable
- Only suitable for people who don’t like their baths too hot
- Contents: 1 spa, 1 cover, 1 pump, 1 ChemConnect dispenser, 1 remote control, 2 filter cartridges...
- Included remote control allows you to control the pump, temperature and massage system
- Digital control panel heats the water up to 104 degrees F
Certainly, this is an excellent addition if you are looking for a portable jacuzzi. When you are looking for a portable bathtub, you need something that can bring bubbles.
This is a remote control inflatable spa. You can adjust the temperature of the water, the massage system, and make it as perfect for your needs as possible.
That doesn’t mean this is all style and no substance. The material is UV resistant, aesthetically pleasing in a print pattern, and is easy to inflate with this electric pump.
The ChemConnect chemical dispenser system makes sure the bathtub has clean and healthy water. Furthermore, it guarantees a stable amount of chlorine.
You can also add extra insulation thanks to the enforced cover with safety clips.
- Remote control operation
- Air jet bubbles come from the bottom of the tub
- Durable materials made from puncture-resistant TriTech
- Water doesn’t stay hot for long
- Inflated bathtub size: Outer size: 160x120x60cm (63"x47"x23.6"), Inner size: 115x80x60cm...
- Indoor and outdoor bathtub, equip with plug at the tub bottom, will come with water pipe for...
- Very important: the tub will come with electirc air pump, It takes 5~10 to inflating the tub, it is...
If you are looking for a portable bath that can accommodate more than one person, this extra-large bathtub has outer dimensions of 160 cm by 120 cm.
Two people of average size can fit in the tub. With a plug at the bottom and a water drain pipe, this makes short work of water drainage.
It’s also easy to assemble, as the electric air pump does the job for you.
The material is durable plastic, resulting in a comfortable and warm bath. In addition, the inflatable pillow rest and cup holders mean you can stay in the bath as long as you want.
This is one of the best portable baths you can have, as the ample room guarantees you can have a relaxing soak in the bath.
It is great for indoors and outdoors. And is one of the best out there.
- Its extra-large dimensions can fit two people at a time or one person comfortably
- The drain is at the bottom of the tub with an additional water drain pipe to direct water flow
- The electric air pump makes life easy
- The water stays warm for long periods of time
- Comes with many multiple inflatable parts, so you need to put everything together properly
Amazon Best Sellers: Best Portable Bathtubs
- 🛀【Quick Arrival】Local delivery in the United States, delivery within 3-5 days!!! FEDEX...
- 🛀【Easy to Installation】Our portable bathtub does not require an inflatable bathtub and is...
- 🛀【Foldable, lightweight and easy to store】The soaking bath tub is light and easy to carry....
- 【Easy to Fold and Store】The bathtub of lightweight portable design can be used indoor and...
- 【Larger Range of Movements】 Expanded bathing space than the original design. Our bathing tub for...
- 【Thick Fabric Material】 After ATS authoritative certification, this portable bathtub is made of...
Choosing the Right Portable Bathtub
You need to consider so many things before purchasing a portable bathtub:
The Shape and Size
Portable bathtubs don’t just come in one shape or size. They are round or rectangular. However, you need to choose a shape to suit your bathroom space and your personal needs.
Choosing a large bathtub may seem like a great idea because you have more legroom, however, it is not as portable as a smaller version.
Portable bathtubs are available in many different forms. Some are made from high-quality material. While others are constructed with cheap material that results in a low-quality experience.
Cheap material doesn’t always withstand the test of time.
You have to consider if you are using the bathtub outdoors and if there are any hazards that could cause damage to your portable bathtub.
You should also consider the materials and how they impact the environment. Many portable bathtubs are made with environmentally friendly materials, reducing your carbon footprint.
You should also consider if the material is able to cope with the type of bath you want.
Most baths can cope with Epsom salts, but if you want a nice relaxing bubble bath, you’ve got to choose less slippery surfaces or purchase bath liners.
The best thing you can do is to stick to a budget as this will narrow down your choices. You may think that investing in a portable bathtub to be a little bit out of your financial means.
Yet, you can find bathtubs with the right features within your budget range.
When you are looking for ideal portable bathtubs, consider how easy they are to clean.
You need to make sure the drainage suits your needs. A full tub is very heavy, making it difficult to move when you have finished your bath.
Sometimes it has drainage at the bottom, but sometimes only has side drainage. Consider where you are emptying the water.
Because if you empty it into a shower tray, this could overwhelm the pipes causing flooding. Bathtubs with drains in the sides are handy if they come with pipes to drain the water.
The Benefits of a Portable Bathtub
A portable bathtub is not just a worthwhile investment as we get older, but there are other benefits to having a portable bathtub.
It Fits in With Your Travel Needs
If you are looking to explore the great outdoors or travel from place to place, a portable bath is ideal for your needs.
You cannot guarantee you will have the ideal bathroom for our needs when going on vacation. Therefore, you can enjoy your ideal bath time wherever you go.
It Is Perfect for Smaller Spaces
If you are downsizing to a condo or small apartment, a portable bathtub is an ideal solution in these circumstances.
The Many Health Benefits
Having a portable bathtub is a way for you to experience some relaxation similar to a comforting spa.
We don’t all have the time and money too to stay in a spa and a portable bathtub is a cheaper alternative.
A good soak in the portable bathtub relieves stress, and the warming water can encourage blood flow.
A portable bathtub is a lifesaver for the elderly. If you are looking for a portable bath, it’s helpful to consider every aspect of your personal needs.
Nobody should have to think of bath time as a chore. A portable bathtub is a fantastic addition to your household and can benefit your life in many ways.