Grooming can be quite difficult for an elderly individual. That’s certainly true for shaving. When you shave, you risk cutting yourself which is more likely if your hands shake or you have a loose grip.
That’s why an electric razor for an elderly man will always be a fantastic choice. Electric razors are safer and can even be more cost-effective over an extended period.
There are countless electric razors on the market today. Each provides its own strengths and weaknesses. Some use the latest tech while others offer a closer shave.
Here is our complete guide on buying one of the best electric razors for elderly men.
Amazon’s Top Bestselling Electric Razors for Elderly Men
The following electric shavers for elderly men are on Amazon’s bestseller list.
- Pivot and Flex Foil Technology: This Remington electric shaver stays close to skin and flexes around...
- Rechargeable Battery: These shavers for men allow you 60 minutes of cordless runtime. In order to...
- Pop Up Detail Trimmer: Finishing touches on your facial hair and sideburns help you create your...
- ComfortCut Blades, get a clean shave that's comfortable on your skin. Rounded blade caps shield 27...
- Experience a convenient, clean shave with heads that flex and float in 4 directions. The head...
- Pop-up trimmer for mustache and sideburns. Finish your look with the built-in trimmer. Ideal for...
- Enjoy a clean shave that follows your face's contours with 5-directional pivot, flex and floating...
- Get a convenient dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with gel or foam, even in the shower.
- With ComfortCut blades, you get a clean shave that's comfortable on your skin. Rounded caps shield...
Compare Best Electric Shavers for Elderly Men
We’ve selected our four favorite electric shavers for elderly men. You can read more about each product below.
Braun Series 9 9390cc Electric Razor
- GENTLE HAIR REMOVAL: SyncroSonic Technology gives 10,000 sonic vibrations per minute to let the...
- ULTIMATE PRECISION: Pop-up precision beard trimmer for most accurate moustache and sideburn trimming...
- CAPTURES MORE HAIR: Capture more hair in one stroke than any other shaver.* Built with OptiFoil- for...
If you are searching for one of the most advanced and luxurious razors on the market, then you should certainly consider this tool by Braun.
If you can get over the price – easily one of the most expensive possibilities on our list – then you’re going to be delighted by what this razor can offer you. You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck with a clean/charge system as well as a travel kit.
Do note that there are two varieties of this razor. The 90XX is the older variation. Instead, you should choose the 93XX as this fixes a lot of the previous flaws.
Compared with a different model like the 7, this razor does have an extra cutter in the middle. That’s great for those particularly stubborn hairs that just will not go away.
There are also some small barber clips that flip out from the side of the unit. It’s faster than the 7 too.
For an elderly man, all these features are ideal because it makes the razor versatile and easy to use. The Series 9 9390cc also provides a simple feature that will let you know whether the device is clean or dirty.
You will also be delighted to find that this razor is built to last too. You won’t need to replace it for at least 5 years. As well as this, since the razor is waterproof, you won’t have to worry about it rusting or getting ruined.
Sonic technology built into the razor will also ensure that this is sturdy to use. You won’t have to worry about any accidental slips here and it’s ergonomic too. This means that it’s easy for anyone to hold whether you’re a caregiver or shaving your own face.
Obviously, the main disadvantage is still the cost. There are razors on the market for a lower cost that provides the same time of experience. However, arguably you still get a lot for what you pay with this device.
- Versatile: choose between different blades, cutters, and how you want to shave (wet or dry)
- Easy to clean and use
- Built to last
- 50 minutes of shaving without the cord before a recharge is required
- Plenty of tech extras included such as charging station, maintenance monitor
- Heavy cost
- Will still fail eventually
- Not a massive improvement on the Series 7 790cc
- Quiet but not silent.
There’s no denying this is a fantastic razor for an elderly gentleman with a lot of big benefits. It just depends on whether you’re willing to pay the large price tag.
Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor for Men (ES-LV95-s Flexible Automatic)
- 5-Blade Shaving System for a Close Shave: The Panasonic five blade foil shaver uses micro-thin outer...
- Efficient, Hyper-Performance Linear Motor: Ultra-fast linear motor powers 70,000 cross-cutting...
- Shave Sensor and Multi-Flex Shaver Head: Intelligent sensor detects beard density and adjusts motor...
You can always trust Panasonic to bring the latest tech to the hands of consumers and the ES-LV95 is no exception. Similar to the Braun Series 9 9390cc, this razor also provides you with the option of shaving your face whether it’s wet or dry.
It also comes with a full cleaning and charging stand so there is no hands-on maintenance. Slot the shaver into the stand and it will be clean as well as fully charged in no time.
A big advantage this razor has over the Braun Series 9 9390cc is that it’s significantly cheaper. Is this reflected in the quality of the shave? Due to the tech included, you still get a brilliant shave.
For instance, the sensor tech ensures that you always get the shave you need based on the level of facial hair that you have.
Essentially, the power is automatically adapted depending on whether the facial hair is long or thick. An elderly man won’t notice this change but they will see the incredible effects.
This razor charges incredibly quickly. In just 45 minutes it will be 100%. While you can clean this shaver using the equipment provided, you will need to purchase the cleaner cartridges.