Here’s a Senior progression of looking in the mirror.
- Age 8: Looks at herself and sees herself as Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty.
- Age 15: Looks at herself and sees herself as Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty/Cheerleader or if she is PMS’ing, sees Fat/Pimples/UGLY. (“Mom, I can’t go to school looking like this!”)
- Age 20: Looks at herself and sees too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly. Finds an excuse for not going out at all, misses out on a lot of fun.
- Age 30: Looks at herself and sees too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly, decides she doesn’t have time to fix it but she’s going out anyway. Has fun.
- Age 40: Looks at herself and sees too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly but says, “At least I’m clean” and goes anyway. Has a ball.
- Age 50: Looks at herself and sees “I am” and goes wherever she wants to. Has a blast.
- Age 60: Looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can’t even see themselves in the mirror anymore. Goes out and conquers world.
- Age 70: Looks at herself, sees wisdom, laughter and ability. Goes out, enjoys life.
- Age 80: Doesn’t bother to look. Just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.
Senior Citizen Contest
Win Our $1k Grand Prize
Weekly prizes awarded
This top-ranked site now has over 4,000 pages of humor, nostalgia, senior advocacy and useful information for seniors 50+. Updates weekly!
The daily e-zine for everyone over 50 who feels way too young to be old.
"...the perfect mix of Andy Rooney, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keilor, combining knee-slapping humor with useful information and genuine compassion."Retired.com
"Thousands look to and trust Suddenly Senior. Other Websites pale in comparison to the real-life, intimate look into senior lives. What sets apart Suddenly Senior is its blistering honesty and its incomparable encouragement. Millions need guidance."Suzette Martinez Standring
"Best Senior Site ever on the Web! Great, up-to-date information on how seniors can save money on drugs. Wonderful nostalgia. Hard-hitting senior advocacy pieces that get read in high places. Wonderful humor. It's all at Suddenly Senior."Alexa.com