Here’s our take on the senior citizen alphabet and one you may know too well.
A for arthritis,
B for a bad back,
C is for chest pains.
D is for dental replacements and decline,
E is for eyesight–can’t read that top line?
F is for fissures and fluid retention
G is for gas (which I’d rather not mention.)
H high blood pressure (I’d rather have low)
I for incisions with scars you can show.
J is for joints, that now fail to flex
L for libido–what happened to sex?
Good Sex Sayings
Wait! I forgot about K!
K is for my knees that crack when they’re bent (Please forgive me, my memory ain’t worth a cent)?
N for neurosis, pinched nerves, and stiff neck
O is for osteo- and all bones that crack.
P for prescriptions, I have quite a few
Give me another pill; I’ll be good as new!
Q is for queasiness. Wine or flu?
R is for reflux– one meal turns into two
S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears?
T for tinnitus–I hear bells in my ears.
U is for urinary: difficulties with flow
V is for vertigo, that’s “dizzy”, you know.
W is for worry, now what’s going ’round?
X is for X-ray– and what might be found.
Y for another year I’ve left behind
Z is for zest that I still have my mind!
Have survived all the symptoms my body’s deployed,
And kept twenty-six doctors gainfully employed!
Did you enjoy our senior citizen alphabet poem? Check out some of the other funny poems and jokes on Suddenly Senior.
Here are a few more we think you’ll appreciate:
Want some more senior citizen fun with alphabets? Check out these amazing options:
- Amazon’s Choice – Campbell’s Alphabet Dice Game
- Amazon #1 Bestseller – 60 Extra Large Print Word Search Puzzles Book With Coloring Pages
- 11 Benefits of Puzzles for the Elderly (Best Puzzle Types for Seniors)
Your ad could be here.
- Best Binoculars for Bird Watching
- Best Bowling Shoes for Seniors
- Best Camping Gear for Seniors
- Best Croquet Sets
- Best Electric Shavers for Seniors
- Best Gadget Canes for Seniors
- Best Garden Kneelers for Seniors
- Best Puzzle Types for Seniors
- Best Shower Chairs for Elderly
- Best Smartphone Accessories
- Best Smartphone Apps for Seniors
- Best Velcro Shoes for Elderly
- Best Walkers for Seniors
- Top 5 Smartphones for Seniors
- Activities for Seniors Guide
- Best Car Rental Discounts
- Best Dog Breeds for Seniors
- Best Errand Services for Seniors
- Best Medical Alert System Guide
- Best Travel Insurance for Seniors
- Complete Senior Center Guide
- Complete Senior Discount Guide
- Coronavirus Guide for Seniors
- Guide to Bowling for Seniors
- Guide to Choosing Senior Helpers
- Guide to Stair Lifts
- Hospital Bed Rentals Guide
- Senior Citizen Age Guide (FAQs)
- Senior Estate Planning Checklist
This top-ranked site now has over 4,000 pages of humor, nostalgia, senior advocacy and useful information for seniors 50+. Updates weekly!
The daily e-zine for everyone over 50 who feels way too young to be old.
"...the perfect mix of Andy Rooney, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keilor, combining knee-slapping humor with useful information and genuine compassion."Retired.com
"Thousands look to and trust Suddenly Senior. Other Websites pale in comparison to the real-life, intimate look into senior lives. What sets apart Suddenly Senior is its blistering honesty and its incomparable encouragement. Millions need guidance."Suzette Martinez Standring
"Best Senior Site ever on the Web! Great, up-to-date information on how seniors can save money on drugs. Wonderful nostalgia. Hard-hitting senior advocacy pieces that get read in high places. Wonderful humor. It's all at Suddenly Senior."Alexa.com