Stroll down memory lane with remember when trivia for seniors. It was sent to our Suddenly Senior Trivia Central by our loyal readership.
How many can you answer?
1. Every day more money is printed for the game Monopoly than for the US Treasury.
2. Coca-Cola’s original formula contained extracts of cocaine and the caffeine-rich kola nut.
3. What was the title of the first novel written on a typewriter?
A. Tale of Two Cities
B. How the West Was Won.
C. Tom Sawyer
4. What occurs more often in December than any other month?
A. Santa visits
C. Christmas Sales
5. Hershey’s Kisses were first introduced to the public in 1907. The easier to open strip was added in 1924.
6. What is the average number of people that are airborne over the US any given hour:
7. How much time is a “jiffy?”
A. 1/2 a second
B. 20 seconds
C. 1/100 of a second
8. The Eiffel Tower was built in 1887 to 1889 for the Universal Exhibition and Centennial of the French Revolution.
9. By the time the average person reaches 50, they will have spent how great a part of their lives waiting in line?
A. 20 years
B. 10 years
C. 5 years
10. Leonardo da Vinci invented contact lenses.
11. About 13% of the world’s population are lefties.
12. Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone __________.
A. Over 30
B. With a beard
C. Who sings lyrics that can’t be understood
13. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?
A. All invented by women.
B. Al Gore claims he invented them all.
C. Leonardo da Vinci invented them.
14. What are the only mobile National Monuments registered in the US?
A. Streetcar named Desire in New Orleans.
B. San Francisco’s famous Cable Cars.
C. The Grand Canyon.
15. What is an activity performed by 40% of all people at a party?
A. Puking in your petunias
B. Snooping in your medicine cabinet
C. Trying to seduce your wife, girlfriend and your dog.
REMEMBER WHEN TRIVIA ANSWERS
1. A) TRUE,
Now I want to buy Park Place.
2. B) TRUE.
And it hasn’t been the same since.
3. C) Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.
We’re pretty sure he used the “hunt and peck” method.
4. B) Conception.
Blame it on Santa.
5. A) TRUE.
Jonesing for a kiss?
6. B) 61,000.
All cramped in those tiny seats, looking for another bag of stale peanuts.
7. C) 1/100 of a second.
Now stop telling everyone “I’ll do it in a jiffy.”
8. A) TRUE
Were you on the construction crew?
9. C) 5 years.
It only seems like 20. Or 30.
10. B) TRUE
We’re not sure if it was before or after he painted the Mona Lisa. All the better to see you, Leonardo.
11. A) TRUE
Various sources differ, with 7% to 13% being the average. Surprising, huh? You lefties are REALLY SPECIAL!
12. A) Over 30.
Of course, we were ALL under 30 at the time. And we still can’t understand Dylan.
13. B) All invented by women.
Very smart women.
14. B) San Francisco’s famous Cable Cars.
Tony Bennett loves them too.
15. B) Snoop in your medicine cabinet.
Although, remembering several parties in the past, all may be true.
REMEMBER WHEN TRIVIA SCORING
How did you do in our remember when trivia for seniors?
12 – 15 correct: WOW, You certainly have great long range memory. Now if you could only find your glasses.
8- 12 correct: Oh well, there is a lot to remember. Too bad you can’t.
0 -8 correct: FUHGEDDABOUDIT. Stop telling all those tales you make up about the good old days. Redeem yourself by declaring to everyone that the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
Your link could be here.
This top-ranked site now has over 4,000 pages of humor, nostalgia, senior advocacy and useful information for seniors 50+. Updates weekly!
The daily e-zine for everyone over 50 who feels way too young to be old.
"...the perfect mix of Andy Rooney, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keilor, combining knee-slapping humor with useful information and genuine compassion."Retired.com
"Thousands look to and trust Suddenly Senior. Other Websites pale in comparison to the real-life, intimate look into senior lives. What sets apart Suddenly Senior is its blistering honesty and its incomparable encouragement. Millions need guidance."Suzette Martinez Standring
"Best Senior Site ever on the Web! Great, up-to-date information on how seniors can save money on drugs. Wonderful nostalgia. Hard-hitting senior advocacy pieces that get read in high places. Wonderful humor. It's all at Suddenly Senior."Alexa.com