Age, they say, is golden,
Then why ain’t I a-holdin’
A body that’s blessed,
Like gorgeous Mae West’s,
Who glowed even after post mortem.
A woman who lived in Ronan,
Could dance a mean limbo, man,
Her partners grew cold,
When the lady grew old,
When she limped to the floor, they all ran.
Great Truths About Life
A codger out driving his scooter,
Spotted a jogger much cuter
Than puppies or pie,
He exclaimed, “Me oh my,
For that gal, I’ll toot my tooter!”
There was an old man in the Home,
Whose mind was inclining to roam,
He tottered to town
To the Thistle and Crown,
To drink with a charming old crone.
An old crone reaching near eighty,
Was wise and her words were all weighty;
“Hell”, she once said,
“I know I ain’t dead,
So why would Bill Clinton not date me?”
There once was a wrinkled old hag,
Who covered her head with a bag,
Incognito, she crept,
To a Prince, whom she swept
Off his feet in a wild game of tag.
Depend on Depends when you’re older,
As then you can be a lot bolder
When riding your horse,
Or golfing the course,
Or lugging a big heavy boulder.
A retired cowpuncher named Shorty,
Rode a gelding that went by Ol’ Snorty,
The pony fell dead,
And Shorty, he said,
“That cayuse was only near forty!”
A crotchety cowgirl’s bad knees
Pained her whenever she’d sneeze,
Couldn’t ride anywhere,
Or climb up a stair,
So, she bought a four-wheeler, by geez!
No matter what gurus might say,
Your body is going to decay,
Your best parts will sag,
Like a pile of old slag,
And your hair will resemble spoiled hay.
An elderly, wandering lass
Misplaced her teeth in the grass
She looked everywhere,
Overwhelmed with despair,
She found them when she sat on her—donkey.
An old lady with teeth from the store
Ate thousands of chocolate s’mores,
She gained lots of weight.
Got stuck in a gate,
And now she’s part of a door.
There was an old coot named Jake,
Who ate only spuds and beefsteak,
He drank, and he smoked,
And told dirty jokes,
And died young at a hundred and eight.
Your ad could be here.
- Best Binoculars for Bird Watching
- Best Bowling Shoes for Seniors
- Best Camping Gear for Seniors
- Best Croquet Sets
- Best Electric Shavers for Seniors
- Best Gadget Canes for Seniors
- Best Garden Kneelers for Seniors
- Best Puzzle Types for Seniors
- Best Shower Chairs for Elderly
- Best Smartphone Accessories
- Best Smartphone Apps for Seniors
- Best Velcro Shoes for Elderly
- Best Walkers for Seniors
- Top 5 Smartphones for Seniors
- Activities for Seniors Guide
- Best Car Rental Discounts
- Best Dog Breeds for Seniors
- Best Errand Services for Seniors
- Best Medical Alert System Guide
- Best Travel Insurance for Seniors
- Complete Senior Center Guide
- Complete Senior Discount Guide
- Coronavirus Guide for Seniors
- Guide to Bowling for Seniors
- Guide to Choosing Senior Helpers
- Guide to Stair Lifts
- Hospital Bed Rentals Guide
- Senior Citizen Age Guide (FAQs)
- Senior Estate Planning Checklist
This top-ranked site now has over 4,000 pages of humor, nostalgia, senior advocacy and useful information for seniors 50+. Updates weekly!
The daily e-zine for everyone over 50 who feels way too young to be old.
"...the perfect mix of Andy Rooney, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keilor, combining knee-slapping humor with useful information and genuine compassion."Retired.com
"Thousands look to and trust Suddenly Senior. Other Websites pale in comparison to the real-life, intimate look into senior lives. What sets apart Suddenly Senior is its blistering honesty and its incomparable encouragement. Millions need guidance."Suzette Martinez Standring
"Best Senior Site ever on the Web! Great, up-to-date information on how seniors can save money on drugs. Wonderful nostalgia. Hard-hitting senior advocacy pieces that get read in high places. Wonderful humor. It's all at Suddenly Senior."Alexa.com