As hard as I try not to, I keep getting older.
Later this year I am turning 63. I am a bit disappointed since a couple of years ago I invested a good deal of money to buy a series of books, DVDs and CDs that guaranteed me that if I followed the instructions in them that I could achieve anything I wanted.
13 Great Things About Getting Old
The key was to focus on one thing so intently that within a few months time it would become a reality.
I decided to focus on staying 59.
I followed the instructions religiously for the entire year. When I woke up in the morning and told myself I would stay 59, I went to sleep at night with that thought piercing my brain as I fell asleep.
I will stay 59 and I never wavered.
Still, on November 14, 2015, I turned 60.
I was, needless to say, very disappointed. Not only had I spent hours on end focusing on something that never happened, but I also missed an entire season of American Idol.
It wasn’t my best year.
Aging Naturally is Better
Next, I thought about using this underarm roll-on product I saw advertised on TV. It would raise my testosterone levels and keep me young. On reading the side effects I was warned that after using the product I wouldn’t be allowed to touch anyone and I might have vomiting and diarrhea.
Just aging naturally seemed like a much safer and comfortable option.
I decided on that birthday that I would forget about trying to stay young but I would focus on the good things I could find about getting older.
Maybe if I could convince myself of the things that I had to look forward to I would welcome, maybe even want to hurry along, my next birthdays.
I think I have come up with some great reasons to look forward to getting older.
I hope that you will also find this helpful as you get ready to turn another page with that increasingly arthritic hand.
20 Great Benefits of Getting Older
- The older I get, the less I will have to worry about getting older.
- I won’t have to listen to people telling me how much better things were when they were younger.
- I will not be expected to stay up to watch the ball drop on New Year’s Eve.
- You no longer have to lie about being too tired to go to a function you don’t want to attend.
- I will look forward to new technology in the removal of ear and nose hair.
- You can leave a party early using the same excuse and everyone will understand.
- Restaurants won’t be very crowded at 4 pm.
- I will look really good in pictures taken of me when I was in my fifties.
- I will be able to make better use of the volume button on the remote.
- Getting up frequently at night will help me to complete my required aerobic activity.
- I will be able to get senior discounts at the movies if I’m not too tired to go.
- I will know a lot more medical terms to use when playing Scrabble.
- The latest breakthroughs in laxative flavors will make it a wonderful time to be alive.
- I will be able to read more, especially the contents on the items at the supermarket.
- You can pretend to forget stuff when it is convenient and no one will get upset with you.
- I will be able to go into an antique store and feel at home.
- Social Security, for those of us in our sixties, who will still be able to get our hands on it.
- I can celebrate Men’s Health Awareness month every day.
- I will be able to sleep in until 8 am if I feel like it.
- You can wear whatever you want in public and not care.
I’m sure that there are many other things that I will find to appreciate about growing older. The older I get these things will become more apparent.
It’s going to be a bright future.