Want a piece of the trillion-dollar senior market? Successfully selling to seniors is possible.
Here’s how: Have a good product or service, treat us well and fair, and follow these Commandments. You will be successful. Contrary to everything you’ve heard, there are markets to be had and money to be made far to the right of 18 – 49.*
Learn about the secrets of successfully advertising to seniors and reap the benefits of catering to the wealthiest demographic.
Thou shalt never think that the elderly market is “old.”
We don’t consider ourselves old. Don’t you.
Thou shalt never attempt to scare us into buying.
Fright tactics turn us off. Do tell us about independence.
Thou shalt always treat us as equals.
You value connectedness, independence, personal growth, and revitalization.
So do we.
Thou shalt not pander. Never talk down to us. We’re not dumb.
In fact, we’re probably smarter – and richer – than you.
Thou shalt not bamboozle. Know that we’re skeptical.
All seniors are from Missouri.
(But give us a few credible testimonials by folks like us,
and we’re putty in your hands.)
Thou shalt not broad stroke. Know that all seniors are not alike.
Above age 50 are dozens of cohorts, hundreds of markets.
KNOW WHOM YOU’RE TALKING TO OR YOU WILL BE SMITTEN.
Thou shalt guarantee. We fear being taken.
A simple “no ifs, ands, or buts guarantee” pleases us immensely.
Thou shalt not razzle-dazzle.
Know that we’re conservative about consuming.
Many of us grew up during the Great Depression.
But never think that we have no sense of humor.
Thou shalt not glitz. Know that ads should look like ads.
And no fancy fonts. To us, they’re the floozies of print advertising.
Set type at least 12 point, with lots of leading.
Use reverses sparingly. Use color. Lots of it.
Our eyes ain’t what they used to be; four-color defines your
message while black and white often gets ignored.
Thou shalt always treat us with respect.
Your ad could be here.
- Best Binoculars for Bird Watching
- Best Bowling Shoes for Seniors
- Best Camping Gear for Seniors
- Best Croquet Sets
- Best Electric Shavers for Seniors
- Best Gadget Canes for Seniors
- Best Garden Kneelers for Seniors
- Best Puzzle Types for Seniors
- Best Shower Chairs for Elderly
- Best Smartphone Accessories
- Best Smartphone Apps for Seniors
- Best Velcro Shoes for Elderly
- Best Walkers for Seniors
- Top 5 Smartphones for Seniors
- Activities for Seniors Guide
- Best Car Rental Discounts
- Best Dog Breeds for Seniors
- Best Errand Services for Seniors
- Best Medical Alert System Guide
- Best Travel Insurance for Seniors
- Complete Senior Center Guide
- Complete Senior Discount Guide
- Coronavirus Guide for Seniors
- Guide to Bowling for Seniors
- Guide to Choosing Senior Helpers
- Guide to Stair Lifts
- Hospital Bed Rentals Guide
- Senior Citizen Age Guide (FAQs)
- Senior Estate Planning Checklist
This top-ranked site now has over 4,000 pages of humor, nostalgia, senior advocacy and useful information for seniors 50+. Updates weekly!
The daily e-zine for everyone over 50 who feels way too young to be old.
"...the perfect mix of Andy Rooney, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keilor, combining knee-slapping humor with useful information and genuine compassion."Retired.com
"Thousands look to and trust Suddenly Senior. Other Websites pale in comparison to the real-life, intimate look into senior lives. What sets apart Suddenly Senior is its blistering honesty and its incomparable encouragement. Millions need guidance."Suzette Martinez Standring
"Best Senior Site ever on the Web! Great, up-to-date information on how seniors can save money on drugs. Wonderful nostalgia. Hard-hitting senior advocacy pieces that get read in high places. Wonderful humor. It's all at Suddenly Senior."Alexa.com