In fact, you can use your stair lift to go up to four landings or levels.
Is There a Maximum Weight Limit for Stairlifts?
Most of the stair lifts have a limit of 300 pounds. However, they do make heavy-duty stair lifts that can handle up to 750 pounds with a wider seat. But, if you need a heavy-duty stair lift, you will need a stairway that is 36 inches wide or more. You will also need an inspector to check your stairway to make sure it can handle the weight.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Stair Lift?
Every item has its pros and cons and stair lifts are no different.
Here are some of the pros and cons of getting a stair lift:
- You can safely go up or down stairs
- You can stay in your home rather than going to a care facility
- It helps you bring things up or down stairs without falling
- The ride is smooth and comfortable
- It is an excellent short-term solution for an injury
- They can be expensive
- May not be covered by insurance
- You cannot hide them
- They do not have many design options
- They take up stair space
Getting a stairlift installed in your house could be one of the best decisions of your life.
Regardless of why you are considering a chairlift, the most important factor is figuring out what you need for your specific situation. This guide should provide you with answers to some of the most critical questions you may have been asking, but you must consult your technician to ensure you’re getting everything you need.
Use this guide to regain your independence!